Sunday, April 27, 2014

In App Ads, An E-Marketers Advantage


 While brainstorming on ways that e-marketers have a competitive advantage over other marketers that use traditional marketing and maybe some electronic marketing as an attempt to find a subject to write this blog about the power went off.  Of course I was immediately done doing homework as the Internet was unavailable without the Wi-Fi running.  So I immediately went to my phone to pass time while I waited for what I hoped to be a short outage to pass.  I was immersed in playing a hunting game on my phone when an advertisement popped up.  Using the 3G and 4G data ads were still able to pop up on my cell phone even though there was no power and the house was dark.  
I realized in a TaDa moment that even though I was shut out from the outside world during the blackout I was still being targeted by advertisements.  E-marketers can reach consumers anytime they have their cell phone on and during blackouts that is how many people pass time making them prime targets for in app ads, until the battery dies.  Even when the power is one people are always on their cell phones and using them has become daily routine.  This caused me to do some research and I found that researchers predict that marketers will spend 17 billion dollars for in app advertisements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment